You are here
KimleyHorn-County - Proposal 1
Consultants to San Mateo County have created a proposal one strech of the Santa Cruz/Alameda Corridor. This proposal does not address the northern segment of Santa Cruz Ave above the "Y".
For that southern most section of Santa Cruz Ave (South of Y), this proposal has several changes:
- Eliminates the dangerous NB 3rd lane at the Y
- Center turn/merge lane is elminiated
- NB Cyclists have to make abrupt change at Y to continue on Alameda
- Bike lanes are added both directions
- Crosswalks at Y remain extra long and at angles
For Alameda de las Pulgas, this proposal has several changes:
- Reduces each direction to a single lane of traffic
- Creates a Center turn/merge lane
- Parking on both sides is move away from curb to allow room for an inner protected bike lane
- Inner Bike lanes are added both directions
- both bike lanes are next to curb
- Crosswalk at Y remain extremely long and at severe angle
Note: This is not a proposal that was created by our community SAFE group, but a propsal that County is presenting in conjunction with their consultants.
Below are there engineering drawings. Have a suggestion or concern? Enter your Comments and feedback below.
Click on the File link here to see the full Kimley-Horn/County Proposal.