I wanted to provide a brief update on where things stand with respect to Stanford’s General Use Permit application. The County continues to process the GUP application, and there are some important dates coming up that I want to be sure you have on your calendar:
- Second Planning Commission Study Session - 5/9/2019, 1:30pm, 1st Floor, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose
- Conditions of Approval Released – 5/23/19 (available on Planning Commission website: http://sccgov.iqm2.com/citizens/default.aspx as part of their 5/30/19 meeting packet)
- First Planning Commission Public Hearing - 5/30/2019, 6:00pm, Palo Alto City Council Chambers
- Second Planning Commission Public Hearing - 6/13/2019, 1:30pm, 1st Floor, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose
- Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation Committee – 6/20/19, 10:00 a.m., 1st Floor, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose
- Third Planning Commission Public Hearing - 6/27/2019, 1:30pm, 1st Floor, 70 West Hedding Street, San Jose
In addition, the following actions were recently taken:
4/18/19: The Historical Heritage Commission took action to advise the Department of Planning and Development and the Board of Supervisors to certify the Environmental Impact Report for the Stanford University General Use Permit with the inclusion of the recommended condition of approval to require ongoing evaluations of resources over 50 years old.
4/18/19: The Housing, Land Use, Environment and Transportation Committee requested that County staff report back in June with next steps, a timeline, and a public input process for conducting a zoning study and historic review study in the faculty subdivision at Stanford.
Thanks for your continued interest in the project. While the date of release for the conditions of approval has slipped, the public hearing dates have not. I hope to see you later in May!
Office of Supervisor Simitian